Hanworth Air Park

Hanworth Air Park

Graf Zeppelin during one of her 2 visits in 1931 and 1932 

 Remains of the old Whitehead Hangers, on the West side of the Airpark, once used by Aston Martin

 

 Feltham Marshalling Yards, and in the middle of the photo is the Zeppelin. Hanworth Park House is in the trees to the left of the Zep.

 

 

 

The Lodge. One of the entrances into the Park and House. Now the site of the Airparks Leisure Centre entrance. All Saints Church will eventually be built opposite the Lodge. 

 

The Airpark looking East. Hangers bottom left were used by DAF after Aston Martin left. The lake shown at the bottom is long gone and now part of the Springwest Acadamy (formely Feltham School) site 

  

   

 

 

 

 Another view of the Lodge. All Saints Church will be behind the cameraman

 

 One of the bridges in the park, possibly over the River Longford or the Lake

 

 

Wartime Pill box, now covered in brambles, situated to the East of the House 

 

Zeppelin on Approach

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 Crowds turned up to see the Zeppelin